Friday, May 04, 2007

Phone call, Mr. Nussbaum

Something happened when I fell overboard,
the slooshing and sploshing apart,
the dolphin queen claimed me as her own.
under the ruckus, the pack did pluck us,
and flowed down to the cardboard box set sounds
of a green blue haze.
breathed in a mouthful of lungfish,
breathed out abanquet in kingly praise.
Found I had grown an inch or two.

The queen did promise to tug hard on the old man that was stuck inside me my last doctor's visit,
to unsurgically over-remove the brain-deaditude.
it was a day of burning, as the water toiled orange, and green, and smarmy purple,
and wrested the wasted wretch from within.

when I surfaced, after expressing my gratitude in a multitiude of sky smells,
My single gill slit subsided,
filtered.
born again, rising from the umbilical waters,
finding out who I was in the self reflecting ocean.
climbed onto my own ship this time,
and carried my mutinously happy self back to dry land.
THE END>

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a student named Nussbaum.

01 June, 2007 07:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home