Wednesday, October 24, 2012

nec sinistrorum nec dextrorum

A constant buzz crowds my mind these nights
a high-pitched chattering of voices malevolent and yet obscure
and promises to bring my sand castle crashing into the surf.
The moments drip quietly into hours,
achingly hovering before they fall.
To accept that these are the last sunsets of someone
are beyond the ken of my ego, which writhes with passions and designs deep.
And so I hold my child's hand and weep a different set of tears
sour with rage and disappointment,
hoping that I wake up into objectivity
and into a ridiculous sainthood I have always deluded myself with.
Strange contorted regrets are creeping beside my bed tonight
and rearing their disheveled heads to see if I am still asleep.
How do I survive this long twilight
when just this day I have once again forsaken god?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home